Membership of the Royal Western Yacht Club of Ireland (RWYCI) is now due for renewal. There is a special reduced rate available for those who join before the end of April. The current membership categories and the rates (reduced) are as follows;
Full Ordinary: €75
Membership can be paid online by clicking on the membership tab on the RWYCI website.
Alternatively, a cheque for membership can be sent by post to our treasurer Roisin Stynes.
What are the benefits of membership?
- The Club organises a number of races which are suitable for all category of sailor, from the very competitive spinnaker classes to the sailors who prefer to go with white sails only. There will be a series of informal races mid-week during May/June. The prestigious Glynn Castle race will take place in August and the hugely popular October series runs over four weekends that month. Skippers are always looking for additional crew for these races.
- There will be four or five organised Cruise in Company events during the season starting with a cruise to Limerick for two nights to coincide with RiverFest. These are very popular, with the emphasis on the social side of sailing.
- There is a very active junior section which operates on Saturday mornings during the Summer. The Club has a wide range of dinghies which it can make available to junior sailors for training. The Club is now an Irish Sailing accredited training centre and based on demand, courses will be run where trainees can get an officially recognised qualification. We have recently acquired our own Clubhouse where theory sessions can be conducted indoors. The boatyard for storage of dinghies has also been upgraded and made more secure. The Club owns a number of Wayfarer dinghies which can be rented by more experienced sailors.
- A number of social events will be organised throughout the season.
- The RWYCI is a small but progressive club which needs to grow its membership so that it will have the funding to deliver on its vision over the next few years.
- If you are a skipper, crew or just interested in doing some casual sailing, please consider joining up. You won’t regret it!