NOTICE OF RACE
West of Ireland Offshore Racing Association
West Coast Championships
Hosted by Royal Western Yacht Club of Ireland,
Kilrush Co Clare.
Wednesday 29th, Thursday 30th June, Friday 1st & Saturday 2nd July 2016
- ORGANISING AUTHORITY [OA]
- The organising authority [OA] for the West Coast Championships [“the Championships”] 2016 is Royal Western Yacht Club of Ireland [RWYCI].
- All entries and enquiries should be addressed to Thomas Whelan, The Square, Kilrush, Co Clare. E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- Changes to this NOR will be posted on the event website on www.westernyachtclub.com but no later than 10th June 2016.
- RULES AND HANDICAP SYSTEMS
- The Championship will be governed by the rules as defined in the Racing Rules of Sailing, the prescriptions of the Irish Sailing Association, the 2016 Rules of the IRC except White Sails, the ECHO ISA Performance Handicap System, Class Association Rules where applicable, this Notice of Race and the Sailing Instructions and any amendments thereto. Sports boats & One- Designs shall comply with the ISAF Special Regulations Governing Offshore Racing for Category 5.
- Boats may be required to display advertising chosen and supplied by the OA.
- ECHO handicaps will be published before the event starts. ECHO handicaps will be revised during the Championships by the handicapping authority for the event. The act of handicap adjustment or failure to adjust will not be grounds for protest.
- IRC Rule 22.4 is deleted.
- Crew Limit is IRC plus 1. There are no crew weight limits.
- ISAF Category Group 3 sailors are only allowed to sail under the following conditions: An IRC boat may carry ONE Group 3 sailor on ONE day only. The Group 3 sailor is not allowed to helm.
- ELIGIBILITY AND CLASSES
- The Championship is open to all Cruisers, Racer/Cruisers, Cruiser/Racers and Sports boats holding a valid IRC and/or ECHO certificate.
- Depending on the number of entries, boats will be divided into the following classes: Class 1 / Class 2 / Class 3 and White Sails.
- Class Bands may be announced as soon as possible after the closing date of 10th June 2016.
- The OA may, in their absolute discretion, assign a boat to any Class.
- Sport Boats or Day Boats may have a separate class at the discretion of the OA.
- ENTRY & FEES
30’ LOA and Over 29’ LOA and Under
PRIOR 10th June 2016 €120.00 €100.00
AFTER 10th June 2016 €150.00 €130.00
CLOSING DATE 1600 HRS ON FRIDAY 10TH JUNE 2016
- Entry Fees received after the Closing Date may be accepted at the discretion of the OA.
- Online Entry is available at www.westernyachtclub.com
- Payments should be made to Royal Western Yacht Club.
- Entry forms can be downloaded from www.westernyachtclub.com and posted to Thomas Whelan. The Square, Kilrush, Co Clare
- Entries are accepted at the sole discretion of the OA.
- Entrants shall: Comply with ISA or other national authority eligibility requirements, submit a copy of their current Echo and/or IRC Certificate on or before the Closing Date, no alteration in a yacht’s TCC will be permitted after the 28th June, except as a result of a rating protest, or to correct rating office errors, Complete and return a valid Entry Form accompanied by the appropriate Entry Fee.
- The OA reserve the absolute right to refuse any entry, boat, or its crew, or to ask any entrant to complete further undertakings or declarations.
- Refunds or partial refunds may be made at the sole discretion of the OA.
- All participating sailors shall be members of the West of Ireland Offshore Racing Association for 2016. Subscriptions shall be paid at or before registration. Membership can also be paid www.wiora.org
- All entrants shall register with the Race Office at Kilrush Marina Centre upon arrival, in any case not later than 1030hrs on Wednesday 29th June 2016.
- The Race Office shall be open for registration from 1800hrs to 2000hrs on Tuesday 28th June 2016 and from 0900hrs on Wednesday 29th June 2016.
- PROGRAMME OF RACES
- Racing is scheduled for Wednesday 29th, Thursday 30th June, Friday 1st & Saturday 2nd July 2016.
- It is intended to have racing for all Classes on each day.
- It is intended to organise a total of seven races for all Classes with a variety of Laid Courses, Round the Cans, Fixed marks and a Coastal race.
- The OA reserves the right to amend the schedule of races depending on prevailing conditions.
- Race start times may vary each day.
- On the days with two races the second race will start as soon as practical after completion of the previous race.
- SCORING SYSTEM AND DISCARDS
- The Low Points scoring system of Appendix A will apply, except the winning boat shall score .75 points.
- Three races are required to be completed to constitute a championship.
- When six or more races are completed, a boats series score will be the total of her race scores excluding her worst score.
- Results will be given under ECHO and IRC systems where appropriate.
- RATINGS & HANDICAPS
- IRC certs shall be ENDORSED & have a VALIDITY DATE no later than 28th June 2016. Changes to the rating of a boat will not be accepted after this cut-off date except as a result of a rating protest or to correct Rating Office errors.
- A copy of the boat’s current IRC Endorsed certificate shall be included with the entry form or submitted at registration. This copy shall be available for inspection by another competitor at any time.
Prizes will be awarded under IRC and Echo handicap systems depending on the number of entries.
9.1 There will be an overall prize awarded in IRC. The overall winner will be selected from the IRC classes by using a system of weighted scoring to reflect the number of boats competing in each class.
- Berths will be available, free of charge to competing boats, from Saturday 26th June to Sunday 2nd July 2016.
- These will be allocated on arrival and are subject to suitable space availability. Please contact Kilrush Marina prior to arrival to be allocated your berth on 065 9052072
- The provision of berths will be at the discretion of the OA & Kilrush Marina.
- ACCOMODATION & SOCIAL
- Information on local accommodation is available on www.westernyachtclub.com
- Entertainment & daily prize giving will be held each evening at various venues, a programme of which will be available on www.westernyachtclub.com
- Competitors are granted temporary membership of Royal Western Yacht Club of Ireland for the duration of the Event subject only to the Club rules for withdrawing or withholding such membership.
12. SAILING INSTRUCTIONS
Sailing Instructions will be available to each entrant and will be posted on the website www.westernyachtclub.com when available.
- DISCLAIMER OF LIABILITY
- Competitors participate in the championships entirely at their own risk. The West of Ireland Offshore Racing Association, Royal Western Yacht Club, their members, their officers, servants, sponsors, representatives and agents accept no responsibility in respect of loss of life, personal injury or loss of or damage to property sustained in conjunction with or prior to, during or after the championships.
- It is the sole and exclusive responsibility of each owner or owner’s representative to decide whether or not to start or continue to race. Owners shall acknowledge their responsibility on the Official Entry Form and draw the attention of their crew and associates to this disclaimer.
- Boat owners and crew shall ensure that they are adequately insured against loss, damage or injury to persons, boats or equipment at all times and however occurring, this includes racing risks; Owners may be asked to show their insurance certificates.
Royal Western Yacht Club and the West of Ireland Offshore Racing Association are very pleased to welcome our sponsors at the West Coast Championships 2016.